Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Planning for change

Its seems confusing ! :) , How can somebody plan a change? , first of all Is it possible to do so...
But remember my friend, "Nothings change until you changE"

Yes, you got it!, I am not talking about the change of circumstances, environment, conditions, situations etc., I am looking for change in thyself. Thats what matter... Its not what happens to you... its what happens in you makes all the difference in future! .

Now, coming to the point, as all of us want to be better today (better YOU, not somebody else) than to yesterday. For that you need to identify thing which are to be changed. If you have not identified those ... Please go an read some books (I will not be talking here about it!). But basic problem is that even when we identify the change, we dont change... we read nice books and like them, but we dont change and then say... "Books are mere motivational talks... worth nothing"...

Dear friend, nothing happens without a motive... that is something which gets you excited and leads to action. But to change you need to plan, I will share my routien with you...

I use a sheet of paper for one week, where all the days are marked as colomns and each colomn has 5-6 rows to write action points. This is the tool... Whenever i am reading a book, talking to my mentor, talking to my wife, thinking deep etc., and i find a point where I can change myself for better, I jog out that point (only one to three point(s) in a day) (Hint: dont look for major big points, write whatever you think... Dont be Mr. Perfect from step no 1). Everyday night before sleep I have reserved 30 minutes to find action points about that change.
Here you go... you have action point now, ADD it into your next day plan for next 5-10 days, you will amazed how that small thing made a big difference in your ATTITUDE and outcome of the day.

Go Get It!!!
--Varun

No comments: